The NSA listed T-4 utilizes patented “Reverse Polarity” technology to produce a bi-directional field of at least 20,000 Gauss positive and 20,000 Gauss negative per cycle. This proprietary technology creates the highest flux field of any degausser available and ensures permanent erasure of the highest coercivity media available today. It...
The NSA listed T-4 utilizes patented “Reverse Polarity” technology to produce a bi-directional field of at least 20,000 Gauss positive and 20,000 Gauss negative per cycle. This proprietary technology creates the highest flux field of any degausser available and ensures permanent erasure of the highest coercivity media available today. It is also projected to handle future media technology for years to come. Other degaussers may have either a positive or negative pulse, but not both; this technology is unique to the T-4. There is also no drawer to open and close, which reduces operator handling and increases efficiency.
Cycle Time: 45-60 seconds
Duty Cycle: Continuous
Power: Dual voltage (90-240 VAC @ 50-60 Hz)
Media Size: Handles all magnetic media within 4.3D” x 1”H x 6”W (11cm x 2.5cm x 15cm)
Hard Disk: 5000 Oe (longitudinal and perpendicular)
Tape: 3000 Oe
Weight: 128 lbs (58 kg)
Dimensions: 26”D x 19”H x 10”W (66cm x 48cm x 25cm)
Field Strength: At least 20,000 Gauss positive (+2 Tesla) and at least 20,000 Gauss negative (-2 Tesla) per cycle
Features and Benefits
- Listed on the National Security Agency’s Evaluated Products List (NSA EPL-Degausser) and meets DoD requirements for sanitizing Top Secret/Classified data
- Performance verification: internal meter that measures field strength (in Tesla) and reports it to operator on LCD to ensure it’s operating to NSA specs for every cycle
- Patented “Reverse Polarity” Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) technology produces two pulses per cycle, one positive and one negative
- Fully automatic operation with no drawer to open and close; insert media into top slot and push start button CESG approved (UK), CE certified (EU) and NATO listed
- Allows compliance with recognized security standards and regulations, including NIST, HIPAA, FACTA, PCI DSS, GLBA, PIPEDA, IRS, GDPR, etc.
- Stores energy from previous cycles to reduce subsequent cycle times and save energy
- Manufactured in the USA in ISO 9001 certified facilities
- Maintenance free; 1-year parts and labor warranty included and extended warranty available
- Options: 12 Volt battery operation, deployment case with wheels, barcode scanner with audit tracking system and more
Unique Patented Reverse Polarity Destruction Method
The Proton T-4 Hard Drive Degausser produces a bi-directional field which provides a 20,000 Gauss positive field and a 20,000 Gauss Negative field. The T-4 achieves this by using a unique, patented “Reverse Polarity”. Other degaussers may have either a positive or negative pulse, but only one. The T-4 has both and it is fully automatic.
This ensures complete and permanent erasure of your data and will protect your sensitive information for years to come. The T-4 also has a LCD screen and internal Gaussmeter for performance verification.
This new feature guarantees that your hard drive degausser is performing to NSA standards every time and eliminates the requirement of separate instruments to check field strength and/or re-certification programs.
- 12 Volt Battery Operation
- Extended Warranty
- Mobility Cart
- Deployment Case with wheels – Custom rugged design allows the T-4 to operate while still in case and be easily transported when necessary.