NSA evaluated and listed, the compact PDS-75 is designed to destroy hard drives without the use of electricity in eight (8) seconds or less. Simply crank the handle eight (8) rotations to achieve destruction to NSA standards. The PDS-75 also has an optional rear output slide for less operator handling....
NSA evaluated and listed, the compact PDS-75 is designed to destroy hard drives without the use of electricity in eight (8) seconds or less. Simply crank the handle eight (8) rotations to achieve destruction to NSA standards. The PDS-75 also has an optional rear output slide for less operator handling.
Media Destroyed: Handles all 3.5” drives (including 0.65”, 1” and 1.65” in height) and 2.5” laptop hard drives; SSD drives with optional PDS-SSD insert
Cycle Time: 8 seconds or less
Dimensions: 9.25”D x 16.5”H x 7.25”W (23.5cm x 41.9cm x 18.4cm)
Weight: 49 lbs (22 kg)
Destruction Method: Bends/breaks platter, damages heads, motor and circuit board
Operator Exertion: Commercial drives (3.5”) ~4 lbs exertion; Hardened (heavy shielding) drives (3.5”) ~12 lbs exertion
Features and Benefits
- Compact and rugged design for easy deployment
- NSA / CSS listed. Tested and used by NSA and DOD for destroying hard drives
- Allows compliance with recognized security standards and regulations, including NIST, HIPAA, FACTA, PCI DSS, GLBA, PIPEDA, IRS, GDPR, etc.
- Less than eight (8) second cycle time provides fast, safe and reliable hard drive destruction
- Designed for emergency situations where power may not be available
- Provides “green” energy-saving solution for hard drive destruction
- Hard drives bent approximately 90 degrees, to bend/break platters and damage heads, motor and circuit board
- Maintenance free and completely self-contained; no fluids, adjustments or calibration required
- Manufactured in the USA
- 1-year parts and labor warranty included; lifetime warranty on blade/bender and extended warranty available
- Options: rear output slide (less operator handling), rack mountable shelf (for 19” EIA racks, 10” to 28” deep), mounting kit, PDS-SSD (insert for solid state/flash media destruction), deployment case with wheels, barcode scanner with audit tracking system and more
To comply with recognized standards, including NSA/DoD regulations, a degausser<br>must be used prior to destroying hard drives. In a typical national security operation, a<br>destroyer is used in conjunction with a NSA-approved degausser. Using a degausser is<br>the only way to guarantee all data on hard drives and other magnetic media is<br>completely unrecoverable.