The PDS-100 provides motor-driven, hard drive destruction to NSA standards. Sensors automatically start the destruction cycle once hard drive is inserted and door is closed. A unique feature of the PDS-100 is its ability to operate manually without power via the crank handle if electricity is interrupted or unavailable; no...
The PDS-100 provides motor-driven, hard drive destruction to NSA standards. Sensors automatically start the destruction cycle once hard drive is inserted and door is closed. A unique feature of the PDS-100 is its ability to operate manually without power via the crank handle if electricity is interrupted or unavailable; no stoppage or setup necessary. It also has an optional rear output slide for less operator handling.
Media Destroyed: Handles all 3.5” drives (including 0.65”, 1” and 1.65” in height) and 2.5” laptop hard drives; SSD drives with optional PDS-SSD insert
Power: 100-240 VAC; Standard Voltages: 115 VAC, 60 Hz; 220 VAC, 60 Hz;
230 VAC, 50 Hz (factory configurable)
Manual Exertion/ Hand Crank: Commercial drives (3.5”) ~4 lbs exertion; Hardened (heavy shielding) drives (3.5”) ~12 lbs. exertion
Cycle Time: 10 seconds or less (60 Hz units); 12 seconds or less (50 Hz units); 8 seconds or less (Hand Crank)
Dimensions: 11.625”D x 21”H x 7.25”W (29.5cm x 53.3cm x 18.4cm)
Weight: 63 lbs (28.5 kg)
Destruction Method: Bends/breaks platter, damages heads, motor and circuit board
Features and Benefits
- Automatic, sensor-driven cycle provides fast and reliable hard drive destruction in 10 seconds or less
- NSA/CSS listed; tested and used by NSA and DoD for destroying hard drives
- Allows compliance with recognized security standards and regulations, including NIST, HIPAA, FACTA, PCI DSS, GLBA, PIPEDA, IRS, GDPR, etc.
- Compact and rugged design for easy deployment
- Manual operation option designed for emergency situations (e.g. power not available, quick destruction required)
- Hard drives are bent approximately 90 degrees, which bends/breaks the platters and damages the heads, motor and circuit board
- Manufactured in the USA
- Maintenance free and completely self-contained; no fluids, external components, adjustments or calibration
- 18-months parts and labor warranty included; lifetime warranty on blade/bender and extended warranty available
- Options: rear output slide (less operator handling), rack mountable shelf (for 19” EIA racks, 10” to 28” deep), mounting kit, PDS-SSD (insert for solid state/flash media destruction) deployment case with wheels, barcode scanner with audit-tracking system and more
NOTE: To comply with recognized standards, including NSA/DoD regulations, a degausser must be used prior to destroying hard drives. In a typical national security operation, a destroyer is used in conjunction with a NSA-approved degausser. Using a degausser is the only way to guarantee all data on hard drives and other magnetic media is completely unrecoverable.